Identity theft has affected 16.7 million Americans, often with devastating consequences, such as loss of savings, being charged with a crime you didn’t commit, even being held responsible for fraudulent medical claims.
Identity thieves are smart and sophisticated – you deserve equally sophisticated protection to warn you of identity theft or fraud.
How Identity Theft Can Affect You
- Synthetic ID theft: A type of identity fraud in which someone takes your information (usually stolen) and combines it with fake information to create a whole new identity.
- Child ID theft: Your children are also vulnerable to identity theft. They make valuable targets because they have “blank-slate” credit histories and no child is too young for identity theft.
- New account fraud: This is when a fraudster opens a new account, credit or non-credit, in your name. It’s notoriously hard to detect crime.
- Credit card fraud: When most of us think of identity theft, we think of credit card fraud. A stolen credit card could negatively affect your credit score and leave you with fraudulent charges.
- Account takeover fraud: When someone takes over your account and makes changes, it’s called account takeover fraud. It’s a challenging issue taking an average of 16 hours to resolve.
- Tax fraud: When someone uses your SSN to get your tax refund or a job it’s called tax fraud. If you’re a victim of this crime you could be denied your refund or be flagged by the IRS for not reporting all earned wages.
We’ll Be There Every Stage Of Identity Theft
- Constant scanning: No one can say that they can prevent identity theft, but we’re getting close by monitoring millions of pieces of information that make up your identity. We’ve combined traditional monitoring with powerful scanning tools to detect more threats and keep you better protected.
- Quick alerts: The faster you know about a threat, the faster you can act to protect yourself. We’re looking out for you 24/7 to send you the fastest alerts through mobile app notifications and email.
- Easy recovery: You’ll never have to deal with identity theft alone. If we detect a threat, we’ll help you resolve it with expert guidance and a personal case manager from start to well beyond finish.
Protect Yourself in 5 Easy Steps with Identity Guard
- Sign up with Risty Benefits: Enrollment is easy and only takes a few minutes.
- Setup your watchlist: The more we watch, the better protected you are.
- Manage your risk: Quickly protect yourself with easy to follow best practices.
- Get alerts: Get the fastest notifications of activity that could indicate credit fraud.
- Restore your identity: We’ll help you recover your identity and reimburse funds lost due to identity theft.
Risty Benefits is a proud provider of Identity Guard®. We offer a variety of plan options for individual and family protection, as well as business protection. Contact us to learn more!
Risty Benefits provides support for South Dakota small businesses with employee benefits such as, life insurance, health insurance, long term care, retirement, group health and other benefit needs. Call 605.338.1489, email [email protected] or visit www.ristybenefits.com
Source: Aura Company, Identityguard.com